HP Printer in error state (FIXED)
When you find yourself in an HP printer in error state kind of a situation then it gets really frustrating. This is so because you are unable to complete your tasks. If this is the case, then you have nothing to worry about as we will be helping you out with different ways to fix it.
123.hp.com/setup is here to tell you about the possible reasons due to which you are stuck in an HP printer error state situation. Once you are aware of the reasons, you will find it easier to fix it.+
Reasons behind HP printer in error state!
We will be sharing some reasons that could be the reason behind the HP printer in error state issue.
- Some problem with the software
- The printer might be facing some hardware problem
- Connection issue between the system and your printer
- Printer jam problem
- The ink cartridge isn’t placed in the correct manner
- The latest version of the printer driver might not be installed
- A problem with the power supply
Ways to Fix HP Printer in error state
There are a number of ways in which HP printer in error state can be fixed like you can see that the printer isn’t offline. You can also proceed to troubleshoot methods to fix the same that we will be sharing with you.
Make sure that the printer is online
- Visit the search bar on Windows and open the ‘Run dialog box
- Fill in the ‘Control panel’ in the search box and enter ‘OK’
- Select the option that says ‘Devices and Printers’
- From the list of displayed printers, right-click on your shown HP printer and uncheck the option of ‘use printer offline
Ensure that the printer has been set as default
- Click on the start menu of your Windows and fill in ‘Run’ to open a dialog box
- Now, type “Control Panel” and click on ‘OK’
- From the control panel, select the option of ‘Devices and Printers’.
- After that, click on your shown HP printer from the list of printers and right-click on it.
- You can then select the option of “Set as Default Printer” from the list.
- Now, a Green checkmark will be shown on your HP printer icon, gesturing that your printer has been set as default.
Check the activation status of printer spooler services
You need to ensure that the printer spooler services are running and they have been set in automatic mode. The steps to do that have been shared with you below:
- Go to the search bar and open the ‘Run’ dialog box and fill in ‘services.msc’.
- Move your cursor down the window and look for the spooler option and make sure that it is ‘running’.
- Double click on it to ensure that the spooler services are setup on an ‘Automatic mode’.
- If the services have been set on manual mode then select the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button to save the changes
- Visit the ‘Recovery’ tab and from the ‘First failure’ option, click on ‘Restart the Service.
- Choose the ‘Apply’ button to save the settings
- Check if your printer is still in an error state or not
Clean the printer spooler files
- Go to the Local Disk (C)>Windows>System32>Spool and then on Printers
- You will come across a number of files inside the printer folder that you are required to delete
- Visit the Local Disk(C)>Windows>System32>Spool>Drivers>w32x86
- Delete all files that you see in the folder ‘w32x86’
- Go to the ‘Spooler Service’ option again and click on the ‘Restart’ option.
Reinstall the printer drivers
HP printer in error state can also come up due to a defective or an unsuited printer driver. However, this can be fixed by updating or reinstalling the drivers.
Moreover, it is vital that you install the right driver for your printer model because installing the wrong driver will further keep your printer in an error state. The easiest way to find the right driver is by downloading it from the official website of HP. You can download and install them with the help of the steps that we will be sharing with you:
- Visit the device and printer option from the control panel and click on the ‘add a local printer’ option and click on next
- This will search and install your printer driver
- You can also visit the official HP website and enter your correct printer model number and download the drivers as an alternative
- Apart from that, download the HP smart app that will assist you in the installation of your drivers. The HP Smart App is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Finally, after the successful installation of your drivers, you will come across the status of your printer online with a green tick mark
- This means that your printer has been installed and is ready to use
Check the connection and restart the device
If nothing seems to work in your favor then you can try these troubleshooting methods:
- From the Control Panel, open the devices and printers
- You will come across a list of devices that are connected to the system
- Search for the ‘HP printer’ and right-click on it
- A drop-down menu will be displayed from where you can select ‘Troubleshoot’
- Wait for a while till it figures out the problem and then you can fix it as per the instructions that you see on the screen
Additional troubleshooting steps
- First of all, see if the photocopy of your printer is working productively.
- If not, then it means that you have a printer hardware problem and it can’t be fixed. However, you can get your printer replaced if the warranty covers it
- After that, disconnect the power cable from the printer
- Now, hold the printer power button dutifully for 15 seconds
- Ensure that you connect the printer straight to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector
- After that, reconnect the power cable and press the power button from the wall outlet and press the power button on the printer too
- Now you can proceed to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to sense the issue with the printer driver.
You can connect with 123.hp.com/setup if you are still in the HP printer in an error state position. The experts will surely help you to get out of this.