We use printers on a regular basis to execute many personal or professional tasks. Many users have complained about getting “Printer not Activated Error Code 20 ” on their device while trying to upgrade their Windows computer or accessing the QuickBooks application. When the error code appears on the screen, the user can not activate the device for printing the documents. There could be a number of possible reasons due to which users may get the error on their screen. The most common reasons are outdated programs and corrupted software installed on the device. In this post, we are sharing some simple step-by-step instructions that can help you to fix the error. So, keep reading and follow the guidelines mentioned to get rid of the problem.
Printer not Activated Error Code 20: Possible Reasons.
- You may have installed the multiple QuickBooks versions on your device.
- You are using the outdated Windows operating system.
- Corrupted and exploited software can also be the reason.
- Deleted application key from registry settings.
How to troubleshoot Printer not Activated Error Code 20?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the issue, you can proceed next with the simple steps. Before you proceed further with the troubleshooting guidelines, check and make sure that you have connected your computer and printer securely. Also, select the correct printer and get the registry backup for your device.
Create a registry backup: Steps To Follow
- Search for ” registry editor”.
- Go to the ” computers”.
- From here, click the “File” option.
- Tap the “Exports”>>”Save It” option.
- Make a “System Restore point”.
- Click the “Start” button.
- Look for the “System Restore” option. From here you can create the new store point
- Once the system property Windows appears on your screen, find ” protection settings” in local disk c and click to enable it.
- At last, click the Ok button.
This is how you can create a system restore point for your device.
Upgrade your Windows
The outdated Windows version can also be the reason that you are getting ” Printer not Activated Error Code 20 ” on your device. Thus, it is recommended to upgrade your Windows to the latest version available. For this, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and upgrade it from there.
Reinstall QuickBooks software
If you are getting the Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 on your device after the installation of QuickBooks software on your system, you must uninstall it, and then re-install the software. Below is the step by step guidelines to install QuickBooks software on your computer:
- On your computer, go to the ” control panel”.
- Choose the ” programs and features” option.
- Look for the QuickBooks software installed.
- Click to uninstall the software.
After the successful uninstallation, you can proceed next and visit the QuickBooks official website to install the latest version for your device. Just make sure that your device is compatible to install the QuickBooks software and run it. Hopefully, after the re-installation, your Printer not Activated Error Code 20 will be resolved if you face any problem you can visit on this site 123.hp.com/setup. In case not, proceed with the next troubleshooting steps.