How to fix the HP printer can not connect to Web Services error?
HP printers are used worldwide by millions of users for a quality printing experience. These printers are highly reliable, easy to use, and deliver expected outcomes. Although HP printers deliver outstanding printing performance, users may encounter technical troubles with their printers from time to time. HP printer cannot connect to web services is a common problem. Just like any other computing device, your HP printer may find it difficult to connect to the internet, and that’s where this post comes in! We will walk you through the process of troubleshooting the HP printer cannot connect to web services and getting back up and running before you even know it!
Why is my printer not connecting to web services
The hp printer won’t connect to web services error mostly appear when the:
- HP printer is unable to connect to the server.
- Connectivity issues with Web Services server.
- Improper connection to the web services.
How do I Troubleshoot the HP printer can not connect to web services?
When the HP Printer is not able to connect to the Web services, it can delay the printing works. In this section, we are going to solve this issue with some troubleshooting solutions which are given below:
1. Check the web connection
- If for some reason your HP printer won’t connect to web services, then you’ll need to power cycle the router. Unplug the power cord from the back of your wifi router by gently pulling on it. Wait a minute or two for things to clear up, then plug it back in again.
- If your HP printer won’t connect to wireless and you have an Ethernet cable, you can try connecting the printer to your computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Verify whether or not other devices are working with the wifi network by turning another device on and checking if it finds the network.
- Unplug your modem for about 30 seconds and then power it back on again. This will reset the modem.
- Powercycle the router again. Unplug all power cords from both the router and modem for about 1 minute, then plug these cords back in again after this time has elapsed. After this has been done, verify if your HP printer is working properly with wifi or not.
Note: If you are using a broadband modem, you may want to power cycle the modem as well because it is often connected directly to the router and shares some of the same equipment.
Read Also:-HP Support Assistant Is Not Working
2. Check the device configuration
- Verify whether your HP printer is configured correctly. Go to HP printer support and find your printer which will tell you what type of wireless connection your HP printer requires. For example, if you have an older HP printer, it might require an 802.11b/g device. Then, verify that you have a corresponding wireless router at home by checking its configuration on the bottom or back of it (instructions included with some models).
- Verify that the HP printer is not connected to another wireless network.
- Make sure the HP printer has a good signal to deal with HP printer can not connect to web services. If it doesn’t, move the printer closer to the router and try again.
- If your HP printer won’t connect to wireless and you have an Ethernet cable, you can try connecting the printer to your computer with an Ethernet cable. Then, go into your computer’s Control Panel and then Network Connections in Windows XP or Network Connections in Windows Vista. You should see an entry for Local Area Connection or Local Connection or something similar for each of your network adapters.
3. Turn on Web Services from the “Embedded Web Services” page.
You can extract the Wi-Fi network test report following different methods depending upon the printed model you are using.
1. For inkjet printer: Click the ” wireless” option, go to network settings, and find the network configuration report.
2. For LaserJet printer: Press and hold the “resume” button along with the “wireless” button.
3. For the Deskjet printer- Press and hold the information button, and then press the “information and resume” button.
- When you see the network configuration page appearing on the screen find and note down the embedded web server URL.
- After this open the web browser, and type the embedded web server URL. Hit the enter button.
- The login screen will open, and provide the required information.
- From the EWS page, click on the web services. Now, click on the Continue>> Turn On>> Enable to turn on the web services.
Hopefully, these steps will help you to troubleshoot the HP printer cannot connect to Web Services problem. If you are still having trouble, proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Read Also:-HP printer ink cartridge error
4. Check the Internet proxy settings
If your network is using the proxy server you need to update the web services setting with proxy information to troubleshoot the HP printer won’t connect to Web Services error on your device.
5. Check the Internet proxy settings for Windows.
- Search Windows for the internet.
- Select the ” internet” option.
- Under the properties, select the Connection tab.
Choose the “Network”.
- Go to the “Settings” option to see the proxy settings.
- Write down the ” address and Port fields” values under the proxy server.
- Open the EWS Advance settings.
- Click on the web services and proxy settings.
6. Check the Internet proxy settings for Mac.
- Go to the System Preferences.
- Click on the Network option.
- Click on the Advanced option.
- Open the Proxies tab.
- Select your proxy.
- Note down the Address and Port value.
- Go to advanced settings.
- Click on the web services and then proxy settings.
- Enter the Port values.
- Click on the Apply button.
Read Also:- HP Printer Offline Mac
We hope that the simple instructions will help you to troubleshoot the HP printer cannot connect to Web Services error that HP printer requires a regular firmware update to keep the device functioning properly and fix common printer-related issues. So keep updating your printer firmware from time to time. All the provided troubleshooting guidelines are easy to follow and sure we help you to fix the error. However, if you are still unable to connect your HP printer to the web services, do not hesitate to contact the experts and get a piece of professional advice to fix the problem. The printer support team is available around the clock to help so you can call the experts anytime you want.