It is frustrating when you are going to print something and porter is not running. If you are an HP printer user, you are very aware of this condition that the HP printer is not printing. It is a problem that can occur due to various reasons such as faulty printer drivers, incorrect configurations, or issues with connectivity. If you also have trouble printing from your HP printer, you must go through this article to find the best possible solutions.
Let’s not waste any time and get started with it right away.
HP printer not printing- Basic Ways to Fix It
If your HP printer is not printing, first you should check the below-mentioned things.
- Firstly, you should check that the printer is connected to the computer or not. As a next step, check the cables connecting both the. Also, if you are utilising a wireless printer, then verify the network attachment is working excellent. Finally, reconnect your printer to the router to establish any connectivity query right away.
- After getting connectivity problems, you should try restarting your system. First, turn off the HP printer and cut the power cord from it. Leave the printer separated for a few moments and connect it back to the wire. Now turn on your printer and check if you can print.
Check the Current Connection of HP Printer
One of the most common reasons that HP Printer not printing is hardware problems such as ink running low, paper jams, or the printer not having enough paper in the main tray. If you haven’t replaced your cartridge and the new shit, check its status and replace it if required.
Sometimes your HP printer stops printing after you replace its parts. In this case, you should try to install the last parts again and see if that fixes your issue.
HP Printer Driver Updation
Next common reason that your HP printer not printing is printer drivers are outdated. There are various ways to update printer drivers, some of which are given below.
Update HP drivers with System Updates
- First of all, restart your Windows device.
- Once your computer is restarted, click on the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Now search for Check for Updates on the Windows search.
- There are any pending Windows updates, and it will start downloading automatically. If the download doesn’t start automatically, you can hit the download button to start it manually.
Driver Updation through Device Manager
- Select on the Windows search and enter Device Manager.
- Select your HP printer in the Available Devices section.
- Right-click on your HP Printer and click on the Update Driver or Update Driver Software option.
- Select the Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option.
- Continue with the instructions on your screen to complete installing updated HP printer drivers.
- Install all drivers successfully, and you can restart your computer and try printing again.
Driver Updation Manually
- Install HP printer drivers is from the HP support website. Unfortunately, you can’t install the latest printer drivers from the methods mentioned above are still face the issue you should try the steps below:
- Open your web browser and search for HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- Here in the search box, you need to enter your HP printer name and model. If you don’t know the exact printer model, you can look for it on the back or front of your printer.
- Now click on enter and get the list of various HP printer drivers to install the recommended ones. Next, review the available drivers uninstall the ones that seem necessary. The essential HP printer drivers will be the ones listed on the top.
Always Set Your HP Printer as Default printer
Whenever you try to print something from your device, the printing tasks are automatically assigned to the default printer unless you choose another manually. However, sometimes you forget to choose the other printer while sending the printing task. In this case, you should set your HP printer as default to avoid any fuss during printing.
To do so, follow these steps given below:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- In the given space, type “Control” and hit the Enter button. Doing this will open the control panel on your computer.
- Now you need to select Devices And Printers from the Control Panel.
- Select your HP printer from the printer section.
- Click on the Set As Default Printer option.
- When the prompt appears, click Yes to confirm your action.
- Once you have set your HP printer as default, you will see a checkmark on your HP printer name.
Delete All the Pending Documents From the Queue:
If the above solution didn’t solve your issue, then you must try deleting print jobs from the queue. Such an issue can also occur due to stuck print jobs. It is a corrupted file stuck in the printing queue that might cause your HP printer not printing problem.
- Open Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Go to Devices And Printers.
- Under the Printers section, Right-click on your HP printer option.
- Click on See What’s Printing.
- Now, you need to open the Printer menu and click on the Open As Administrator option.
- Again open the Printer menu, and this time select Cancel All Documents.
- At last, click on confirm to remove all print jobs from the queue.
- Once all the printing jobs are cleared from the queue, you can restart your printer as well as your computer and try printing again.
Here we have shared all possible condition that can occur HP printer not printing. We have discussed various method to fix this issue. You can try these on your own and resolve this issue. If you cannot do this on your own, then don’t hesitate and connect with us at 123.hp.com/setup. We have a fantastic solution to this issue; you, connect with us. We have a specialized team to fix these issues in just a phone call. Contact us NOW!.