What To Implement When An HP Printer Not Printing?
HP Printer Not Printing, the most frequent error, can be resulting from a variety of hardware as well as software malfunctions. HP Printer sometimes stop catering to quality printouts even though everything seems to be well connected and the printer is in an online state. The situation can be extensively terrific, and plenty of users may not have enough skills to eradicate this generic issue. That’s why; we’ve got you covered with the ultimate troubleshooting fixes that will aid you in soon letting your printer print. Thus, stay tuned for a handy resolution guide.
What Causes Your HP Printer Not To Print?
Your HP Printer can be affected by numerous factors and hence leading to not printing anymore. The most prevalent causes are enumerated underneath:
- Faulty printer driver.
- The Printer connection is not solid.
- Documents are jammed in the print queue.
- A wrong printer is set as a default printer.
- Clogged Print Heads.
- Bad configurations Windows.
- Corrupted/Missing System Files in Windows.
Things To Perform When Your HP Printer Won’t Print
HP Printer may get prevented from printing effectually and also rendering good quality printouts is somehow impossible. Despite fulfilling your demands after sending a Print command, your printer throws you an error. Fixing the HP Printer Not Printing issue and getting back to print work is not a cakewalk. A lot of effort and technical efficiency is much-needed.
The required implementations you need to attempt to troubleshoot your printer problems are involved here. Take a glance at the tried and tested solving tricks.
Trick 1: Examine An Error Light Of Your HP Printer
A series of colored lights will be cryptically flashing on the printer and thus won’t continue the printing process to accomplish. At that point, your printer will throw an error message, so you can detect the real issue for which your HP Printer Won’t Print. Sometimes light can create confusion as it doesn’t clear which lights mean what. In such a scenario, you need to check the manual to decode what your printer is saying. In case, you lost the manual, visit the official manufacturer support page and download a PDF copy for your printer.
Once you’ve figured out the real issue that prevents your printer from printing, walk through the corresponding section of this guide to diagnose it in a while.
Read Also:- HP printer not printing color
Trick 2: Clear The Print Queue
A couple of times your printer’s print queue may get jammed with the older documents. Unless you clear out the jammed queue or cancel all the pending print jobs, your printer will continuously fail to print. In fact, it will hold up the current document after you send a Print command for printing.
Remove The Jammed Print Queue on Windows PC
- First, open “Settings” on your Windows 10 system.
- After that, click on “Bluetooth & Devices” and then select “Printers & Scanners.”
- Choose the HP Printer model you use.
- Now, opt for “Open Print Queue” to see a list of recently queued items.
- Afterward, click on the “Printer” tab in the menu bar, and then select “Cancel All Documents.”
- For confirmation, click “Yes.”
- Now, try again printing a document to check if clearing the queue fixed your HP Printer Not Printing issue.
Remove The Jammed Print Queue on Mac OS
- Navigate to “System Preferences” >> “Printers & scanners.”
- Choose the printer model you use on the sidebar, and then select the option “Open Print Queue.”
- Select the old items next to the pending print jobs to withdraw them from the queue.
Trick 3: Solidify The Printer Connection
Troubleshooting a problem associated with a printer that is not plugged in is a totally wastage of time. So, before attempting to fix the HP Printer Not Printing issue, make sure the USB cable is plugged in tightly at both ends and the power cable is securely plugged into the wall outlet.
If you are trying to print wirelessly over Wi-Fi, strive to plug your computer in via USB. Also, drag your printer closer to the router to be in the range and get a good enough signal.
Trick 4: Make Sure The Right Printer Is Set As Default
If you do not have the right printer set as the default one, the document you’re trying to print will be sent to the wrong printer. And hence, it results in the HP Printer Won’t Print issue. Therefore, whenever your printer stops printing anything, immediately check the printer and ensure it is chosen as a default printer.
Here’s how to set your HP Printer model as default:
- First, navigate the “Control Panel” window.
- Now, click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Afterward, right-click on your HP Printer model and select the option “Set as Default Printer” from the appeared menu.
- After successfully setting your HP Printer as the default printer, try printing to proclaim the printer problem has been rectified.
The alternate ways to ensure the document is sent to the right HP Printer that you use are as follows:
- Open the doc you would like to print.
- Choose the “File” menu.
- Then, click “Print” from the menu.
- Now, if the drop-down menu shows a different printer than the one you have, click it to select the correct HP Printer.
- Now, continue with the print job.
Trick 5: Install The HP Printer Drivers & Software
Damaged drivers can prevent your HP Printer from printing. That’s why; make sure you have the necessary and updated drivers installed against your HP Printer. If it’s not, simply head to the printer manufacturer’s website, look for your model, and then download the driver or software manually.
Read Also:- HP printer software
Trick 6: Add HP Printer To Windows’ List
Adding your HP Printer’s exact model to Windows’ list of available printers is crucial in order to print hassle-freely. Here’s how to do so:
- First, navigate the Windows Settings.
- Then, click on the “Bluetooth and Devices” tab.
- Next, choose the option of “Printers and Scanners”
- Tap the “Add device” blue button next to your printer model.
- If the printer you want is not listed, click the “Add manually” tab and go through the on-screen prompted guidelines. Doing so will successfully add your HP Printer to the available list of printers.
Here’s how to add a Printer on Mac Computer:
- Go to the “System Preferences” tab.
- Select the option “Printers & Scanners.”
- Afterward, click on the “+” button.
- Now, your Mac Computer will begin to search for the printers on the network. When you find the one you used for the printing function, click on it to add the printer to your list.
Now, you are somehow able to print a document. But, if the HP Printer Not Printing problem yet persists, move on to the upcoming fixing guide.
Trick 7: Ensure The Input Tray Is Full Of Paper Stack
Insufficient paper stack, unaligned paper, and torn/stuck paper may lead to the HP Printer Not Printing problem. Therefore, ensure a stack of plain white A-4-sized papers is loaded and no paper is jammed or crumpled in the input tray.
Here’s how to check:
- First, open the Access Panel on your HP Printer device.
- Now, slightly remove the Paper Tray.
- If any paper is crumpled or stuck in the mechanism, take them out securely.
- Re-align the paper stack if they are not aligned accurately.
- Load A-4-sized Plain White Paper into the input tray if required.
- And then, slide the paper tray back in.
- In the end, close the access panel and try printing again.
Trick 8: Examine The Ink Cartridges
At a point in time during a print job, your printer tells you it’s out of ink, but you know it isn’t. If this happens, it means the Print Head Nozzle is clogged or dirty, or you do not use genuine cartridges for the printer.
In such a circumstance, you have to implement a couple of things mentioned beneath:
- Clean the Print Head thoroughly using your printer’s built-in cleaning routine.
- Alternatively, use the wet paper towel to unclog the Print Head.
- If ink starts flowing freely onto the towel, instant wipe it out using a dry paper towel and then try re-inserting the cartridge.
- Remember always use genuine cartridges from the printer manufacturer to avoid additional glitches.
Read Also:- HP printer ink cartridge error
Trick 9: Run System File Checker To Repair Files
SFC (System File Checker) is a productive feature allowing users to scan the system files stored in Windows and fix the corrupted or missing files. However, it is possible that the documents you’re trying to print are damaged, and hence your HP Printer Won’t Print. In such a scenario, run the SFC scan using the below-noted steps:
- First, type “CMD” in the Windows Search field and hit the “Enter” key.
- Locate “Command Prompt” from the results and then right-click on it to select “Run as administrator.
- When prompted to confirm, click “Yes.”
- Type “sfc /scannow” in your command prompt window and then hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Now, SFC will start checking the corrupted system files. Once it discovers any, it will automatically replace them with fresh ones.
- Now, restart your computer to make effective changes.
- Check to see if your printer is working finely.
If still, your HP Printer is not printing documents, continue making implementation of the upcoming guide.
Trick 10: Print A Test Page
If your printer still fails to print and you’re unable to figure out what’s wrong with your printer, print a test page. Doing this will help you narrow down your issue.
Here are the proactive ways to print a test page:
- Navigate to Settings ≫Devices ≫ Printers & Scanners.
- Choose your printer model.
- Then, click on “Manage”
- Finally, place tap on “Print a Test Page.”
Here’s how to print a test page on Mac Computer:
- Navigate to System Preferences ≫Printers and Scanners.
- Now, choose your printer model.
- And select “Open Print Queue” from the menu.
- After that, tap “Printer.”
- Finally, click “Print a Test Page.”
If your printer delivers the test page correctly, but Windows throws an error, the problem is most likely with the driver, software, or cable connection. If, in case, your printer is yet unable to print its own test page, then there is a problem with the printer itself. You have to repair the printer right away.
Solve HP Printer Not Printing Problem Via HP Printer 24/7 Online Support
The aforesaid-troubleshooting tricks are tried and tested. Thus, they are effectively helpful in getting back your HP Printer to work with good-quality printouts. If, in case, you’ve attempted these fixes and still have an HP Printer Not Printing, do not feel bad! A team of dexterous tech-savvy is ready round-the-clock to assist you in all possible manners. Give a call at the HP Printer 24/7 Online Support Number and get united with the connoisseurs for unmatchable solutions at a reasonable rate.