HP Printer Not Printing Color [Fixed]
The quality of printouts matters a lot if you use HP Printer for professional documentation work. However, you can feel disheartened when you do not receive the printed documents as expected. These days, a couple of users have been consecutively reporting that their HP Printer Not Printing Color. Being a regular user, expecting high-quality printouts from HP Printer is so obvious. But, still, no need to pull your hairs if color ink is not printing or you got streaked or faded printouts. In this post, we have described a number of fruitful methods that can aid you to resolve the printer not printing in color problem. Keep on reading carefully!
Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing In Color?
If your HP Printer has stopped printing color all of a sudden, there can be several reasons behind it. Beneath, we have gathered a list of possible causes:
- HP Printer cartridges out of stock
- Clog Printhead
- Faulty or incompatible cartridges
- Incorrect printer settings
- Color printing is disabled
- The printer driver is out of date
- Color Cartridge is the shortage
- Cartridge falling short of color ink
Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color
The impactful methods to annihilate the HP Printer Not Printing In Color problem are compiled underneath. Let’s follow the below-noted solutions one by one until the printer starts printing in color.
Solution 1: Check The Color Cartridge
Shortage of color cartridge could result in the HP Printer Not Printing Color problem. Thus, check the ink level and if the color ink is low or empty, replace or reinstall it. Here’s the proactive process to identify the color cartridge:
Read Also:-HP Printer Ink Cartridge Error
Step 1: Open HP Printer Front Cover
Open the front cover of the HP printer and gently take out the color printer cartridge.
Step 2: Insert A New Color Cartridge
Afterward, if the color cartridge is faulty, or the printer is out of colored ink, properly insert a brand new color cartridge into the HP Printer. Now, try to print again. If your color cartridge is new or at least one-quarter full, skip to Step 3.
Step 3: Take Out The Ink Cartridge
Remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
Step 4: Check the Expiry date
Look at the side of the color ink cartridge, and see an expiry date. If you rarely use color ink or might haven’t used it for a long time, the ink is probably expired. The expired or old ink can dry up and clump, and hence be the one reason Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing In Color.
Step 5: Replace the Color Cartridge
Purchase a new color cartridge if the expiry date of the installed ink cartridge is cross. Carefully, place the new cartridge into your printer and then try to print again.
If yet the HP Printer Not Printing Color Ink After Refill, continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clean The HP Printer Printhead
The Printhead applies the text/image to the computer paper as it moves beneath the ink cartridge. Thus, if necessary, clean the Printhead. The step-by-step procedure of cleaning the printer Printhead is noted below. Let’s follow accordingly:
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your HP Printer.
- Along pressing the “Power” button, press the “Resume” button six consecutive times.
- Now, slightly remove your finger from the power button.
- After doing so, the printer will clean the print heads in a mild wash.
- Now, you can print a color document to check if it fixes the problem.
- If still HP Printer Not Printing In Color, press and hold down the “Power” button again. But, this time, press the “Resume” button five consecutive times for a more reasonable cleaning process. Try printing the document again.
- If your printer still won’t print in color, one last time, press and hold down the “Power” button. While pressing the Power button, press the “Resume” button seven times for a deep clean. Try printing your color document again to check if the printer prints in color or still it won’t.
If cleaning Printhead also didn’t work in solving the HP Printer Not Printing Color issue, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Turn On Color Option
If the color option is disabled, then the HP Printer Won’t Print In Color. Thus, check and confirm that the color cartridge is enabled. If not on, here’s how you can turn it on:
- Click the “Start” button on your Windows Desktop.
- Choose the “Settings” option.
- Click the “Printers” tab from the Setting section.
- Now, place a right-click on your printer and then select the “Properties” option.
- Give an instant click on the “Printing Preferences” tab from the Properties page.
- Select the “Paper/Quality” tab and click “Color”.
- Hit an instant click on the “OK” tab and then exit.
Also Read:-How Do I Locate WPS Pin Hp Printer?
Now, try to print your color document. If your computer still won’t print in color, you will have to contact a tech specialist to perfect resolution.
Dial 24/7 Online Support Number For One-Stop Remedy
You cannot ignore the HP Printer Not Printing Color problem as it is necessary to print a color document. Thus, if none of these aforesaid solving methods has helped you out in getting the printer to be printed in color, relax! We have an expert team who can handle this problem cost-effectively. Contact them via dialing the 24×7 opened helpline number. Your print quality problem will be fixed in a pinch as they are experienced and skilled.