In our busy schedule, sometimes few things direct to irritation faster than when you require to print something in a bit, and your HP printer problems do not wish to cooperate. Whereas striped lines all over the images or dull text is one big difficulty, dealing with an HP printer that won’t even confess you exist is another. Furthermore, whether you’re receiving an error note that doesn’t sync up with certainty or your HP printer is providing you the mute therapy, knowing where to begin when your HP printer won’t print can ease some of that irritation.
Certain troubleshooting solutions will differ completely depending on your HP printer model, but once you fully comprehend some common problems, you can swiftly search and discover fixes particular to your unit.
This blog post will assist you in identifying some HP printer problems simply by using their required solutions. Moreover, all the troubleshooting steps have been presented in an easy way so that you can fix the problem in a short period of time.
Most Common Causes Leading To The HP Printer Problems
The HP printer problems arise because of so many reasons which consist of –
- Getting error of paper jam
- A laser printer is ghosting
- Printing on the page is dull
- Displaying offline error
- Incapable to discover a driver for Specified OS
- Getting HP printer errors like no toner printer error, etc.
- Not properly printing from the expected paper tray
- Toner stains or does not remain on the paper
Hence, there are all kinds of glitches that could arise in HP printers. Consequently, we have provided a fast and simple solution for these challenges in the further down section.
Follow The Below Mentioned Steps To Resolve HR Printer Problems-
Here are some steps by which you can resolve HR Printer Problems:-
1. Head Start with Fundamental Detect for HP Printer Problems
- Firstly, you need to have look at whether the basic link between your HP printer and computer is well-suited or not.
- After that try to disconnect your printer for a couple of seconds from the power cord and try all over again plugin and then quickly restart.
2. Always Test for The Print Queue: Try to Clear-cut Command for Printing
So many times, HP printer frequently does not accept print commands because of earlier awaiting print traffic described to as ‘print queue’. So always ensure to test any earlier jammed printing requests and try to clean up the print queue to carry on with the latest requests.
Here is the easy procedure to resolve the print queue problem:
- Firstly, from the search bar of your Windows PC, you should go to the control panel.
- Afterward, immediately open the option of devices and printers.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer icon and next choose the ‘what’s printing’ option from the menu bar.
- Next, quickly tick on ‘open as administrator’ from the printer menu.
- To cancel the earlier print command traffic, go to the ‘printer’ menu and pick ‘cancel all documents’.
- At this stage, click ‘yes’ to validate and now you can carry on with your printing task with absolute ease.
3. While Using HP Printer Always Check Closely for Ghosting Error
Sometimes ghosting, which is one of the printing problems, arises in the HP laser printers. Because of this issue, the printouts come out in a faded or dull way, and it could affect the whole laser printer performance.
Therefore, here are some simple but most effective methods listed to detect ghosting faults:
Collecting and Cleaning:
Ø Sometimes moisture could disturb the toner powder and trigger it to clump. Hence, it is suggested to maintain the printer in a dry area.
Ø On a daily basis, cleaning must be done on the HP printer just to prevent it from not working problem.
Examining the Fuser Unit:
Ø The printer fuser temperature control unit may possibly cause a fault. To resolve this problem, quickly change the temperature of the fuser. Though, if you are not competent to regulate the temperate of the fuser, it is advisable to get it replaced with the assistance of an expert.
Tweak the Paper Setting:
Ø If you are utilizing paper-like laser printer paper, then always ensure that the paper setting fits with the paper type. Generally, the paper setting modification will clear a ghosting problem straight away.
Refurbish or Restore Drum Unit:
Ø An outdated drum unit could be the major reason for printer ghosting inaccuracies, and it is great to change it with the latest one. If the drum unit is fresh and the ghosting inaccuracy continues, then you should take assistance from the industry professionals.
Hope the above-stated simple steps will facilitate to detection of HP printer problems.
4. Is HP Printer Getting Correct Commands to Work? If Not, Then Put It As ‘Default’
If the HP printer is not reacting to correct printing commands, then it may perhaps be because of the incorrect settings in the computer system. To fix this error printing issue, you require to ensure that your printer is chosen as ‘Default Printer’. You could do this simply by following the below actions-
- Firstly, you need to go to the search bar of your Windows PC and just type the ‘Run’ Command.
- Afterward, fill ‘Control Panel’ in the ‘Run’ dialogue box and open the control panel.
- As soon as the control panel opens, choose the option of ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, on the next screen from the list of printers, you need to do right-click on your HP printer icon and choose Set as default printer.
- Right now, after finishing the above-mentioned steps if you can see a green tick just below your HP printer icon, then Congratulations because your job is done successfully.
5. Select the Correct Driver for Your System to Resolve HP Printer Problems
At times outmoded or defective printer drivers might slow down the printing function. Therefore, you require to modernize it and simply fix HP printer problems just by following these actions:
- Firstly, you need to open the ‘Run’ dialog box by using the search bar in the window system.
- Then, fill ‘devmgmt. msc’ in the empty text field and enter.
- After that, a new window will open and show device manager.
- Increase firmware of device manager and quickly do a double-click on ‘system firmware’.
- At this stage, choose the printer driver tab.
- Next, immediately click on the ‘update driver’.
- Now click search automatically for modernized driver software.
- Later you need to wait for the update to download and then again thoroughly follow the instructions.
- Finally, restart your computer system to finish the installation of the updates.
6. There Might Be Problem with Your HP Printer Hardware
After finishing all the above-described troubleshooting steps if still, your HP printer is not working properly then there may be a hardware problem with your printer. A hardware error might look like this:
- Error in the USB port because of the damage. In this case, try to change the cable with the latest one.
- If your computer system runs out of RAM space, it lessens the printing pace. To fix this issue, improve your RAM with the assistance of an expert.
- Any other hardware fault might also affect your printer not to work. In this case, it is suggested to get your printer replaced immediately (if it’s under warranty).
HP Printer Problems: The Final Words
We hope that by utilizing the above-mentioned troubleshooting simple but most effective steps, you will be competent to easily detect and resolve your HP printer problems. But if you are still not capable to resolve the problems with the above techniques, then you should visit on this site 123.hp.com/setup or HP printer support center immediately.