How To Setup Fax On HP Printer 123.Hp.Com/Setup?
Looking forward to setting up fax on HP printer? You’ve come to the right place. If you are new to HP printer and want to learn more about its fax then continue reading the blog to find out everything possible about it. Here you will learn how to setup fax on HP printer as well as about the various ways to send faxes. Before you start, let’s find out if your HP Printer has a fax facility or not.
How to Find Out If Your HP Printer Has Fax Capability?
Sending fax is now a matter of ease with HP Printer. If you’ve used fax machines before then you must be aware of its complications. With the new faxing trends, there’s no need to go through all that fuss anymore. To find out if your HP Printer has the ability to fax or not you need to see if your printer machine has a fax button. Also, you can check if your printer has a telephone jack to connect the phone line. In some cases, you will find multiple phone jacks as well. Another way to check if your HP printer has the Fax feature is by reading the product manual. Commercial grade printers usually come with a fax kit that helps you extend the functioning of your HP printer and add the fax feature to it.
Things You Will Need To Setup Fax On HP Printer | 123.Hp.Com/Setup
Now that you are sure that your HP printer has the fax capability the next step is to collect all the required things and start the setup. In case you bought any recent model of HP printer, it might have a wireless function. In that case, you will need a wireless network card to be able to fax wirelessly from your HP printer. However, if you are using the former version of HP printer that does not support wireless features then you will need either an ethernet cable or a phone connection.
In this case, we suggest you scan your documents using your HP printer but fax it with another alternative.
How To Setup Fax On HP Printer | 123.hp.com/setup
It is easy to how to setup fax on an HP printer machine. If you need help with the setup you can refer to the steps mentioned below:
- The first step to prepare your printer for practicing is to connect the phone cord. One end of the phone cord will be connected to the Printer and the other to the phone wall jack. You can either connect the phone cord to the 1- line Jack or the 2-EXT jack located on the back of the printer.
- Make sure to download HP printer software tool from 123.hp.com/setup on your device. After installing the software, open it and then go to FAX Setup Wizard. If you have installed the HP software tool on your Mac device, you will find the option with the Basic Fax Settings name.
- In the fax header, enter your name, your organization’s name, and your telephone number. All this information will appear on the top.
- Select the fax line in the ring type.
- Now enable your HP printer to recognize incoming calls and rings by matching the dial type.
- At last, you need to set the volume levels for dial tones and turn off the volume for busy signals as per your preference.
You are now ready to use the fax machine on your HP printer.
Read Also:- HP fax error 344
Do I Really Need A Phone Line To Set Up My HP Printer?
Well, the best thing will be to use the attached phone line in order to get the best of your fax. However, if your printer machine doesn’t have a phone line, you can use devices that work to convert a network port into a phone line. Are you can also use the internet for sending a Fax with the help of an eFax subscription.
Here’s How To Test Your Fax Setup
Once you have completed the above steps to how to setup fax on HP printer , you should check if your fax machine is working fine.
- Open the control panel on your HP printer.
- Select setup by clicking the right arrow on the control panel.
- Click on tools.
- Now select run fax test. You will see the status of the test on the printer LED screen.
- You will get a printed report from your HP printer.
- Check the report and if you find any issue with that there must be something wrong with the settings. In that case, you must go through the fax settings once again and fix it asap.
Also, check if they are installed properly in the printer. There should be enough papers in the input tray of your HP printer.
Step To Fax Wirelessly From Your Hp Printer?
If you are using a wireless printer you have a plus point to fax wirelessly from your HP printer. To know the process follow the steps given below.
- First of all, makes sure that both your HP printer as well as the computer device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The next step is to place the document that you want to FAX in the fax tray. Don’t forget to add a cover page so that the receiver can identify the document easily.
- Once you have followed the above steps just go to settings and select Fax.
- It’s time to feed in the number to which you want to send the fax.
- Hit the Start button to scan the document and Fax it to the receiver wirelessly.
If you have an HP printer that does not have a Fax tray. In that case, you are required to scan all the documents first and then fax them.
Learn How To Send Fax From The Document Feeder
Follow the steps below 2 send a Fax using the document feeder.
- Before you start make sure your HP printer has a Fax sending feature.
- Now place the document in the document feeder that you wish to fax.
- Enter the number to which you want to send this fax.
- Verify the number and hit the send button.
- Wait for the HP printer to make a connection with the receiver’s fax machine and once it’s done your facts will be successfully transmitted.
To Send The Fax From The Print Driver
Here’s how you can fax a document using your printer driver:
- First of all, you need to open a print dialogue box.
- Locate a print driver named facts and click on it.
- Enter the fax number in the given field and hit Send.
- The facts will be transmitted to the receiver’s number.
That’s all! We hope you have setup Fax on your HP printer 123.hp.com/setup and send it to the receiver successfully. In case, you need any help with the setup feel free to contact our HP printer support experts at any time of your convenience.